Slump retention of polycarboxylate superplasticizer (also referred to slump retention agent) is a concrete admixture that can maintain the performance of concrete for a long time. Mother liquid of slump retention of polycarboxylate superplasticize is mainly used as a composite admixture of parent material and other composite high-performance water reducing agent. It has the characteristics of low dosage, good workability and strong adaptability to ground material. It has three models: PCA-B1,which can keep the concrete workability for more than one hour, PCA-B2, more than one hour, and PCA-B3, more than three hours.
Major Technical Features
1. Properties and solid content: The product is in liquid form; the solid content is 40%; preparations can be made according to user’s requirement.
2. It has stable chemical properties, no precipitation of water, and no crystallization in winter.
3. PCA-B1 has the function of water reducing. When the dosage of 40% concentration water is 0.5%, its water reducing rate can reach above 20%. PCA-B2 and PCA-B3 do not have the function of water reducing or the function is not noticeable.
4. It has obvious inhibition on slump loss of concrete, and has good workability of concrete retention. PCA-B1 can keep concrete workability for more than 1 hour, PCA-B2, more than 1 hour and PCA-B3, more than 3 hours.
5. It has good adaptability to various ground materials. In terms of ground material adaptability, PCA-B3 is greater than PCA-B2 and PCA-B2 is greater than PCA-B1. It is adaptable to such materials as cement and flyash, which are of high water demand and high slump loss, and sand and gravel materials with high mud content.
6. Small concrete shrinkage, which can reduce the cracking of concrete.
7. Low alkali content, which will not lead to the occurrence of alkali aggregate reaction.
8.It causes no corrosion to iron in concrete.
9. Other performance indexes meet the relevant requirements of Slump Retention Agent standard
1. It can be used as the parent material to prepare other composite water reducing agent, such as high performance set-retarding water reducing agent.
2. It can be used independently as retention agent in concrete to inhibit slump loss of concrete.
Use and Cautions
1. The regular dosage of 40% concentration liquid is 0.2%～0.5% of weight of cement material, and the specific dosage is determined by actual conditions after test. When used as the parent material for composite preparation, the specific dosage is determined by the strength grade of concrete, on-site material and construction conditions after test.
2. The dosage accuracy error of admixture shall not be greater than 1.0%.
3. The product is packed in bucket, 50kg or 200kg per bucket, or transported by tank car. In transportation and storage, attention shall be paid to rainproofing, waterproofing and dampproofing.
4. The shelf life of the product is 3 months; expired products should be tested before application.
5. The product cannot be mixed with naphthalene series water reducer, aliphatic water reducer and amino water reducer.
6. The product should be subjected to concrete performance test before use.