Polycarboxylate superplasticizer is an internationally advanced 3rd generation superplasticizer. It has characteristics of low dosage, high water-reducing rate, obvious enhancement effect, cement saving and good cement adaptability. It can be used for preparing concrete with the strength grade up to C100, fluid concrete with slump loss of more than 200mm or self compacting concrete. It is especially applicable to the preparation of high performance concrete for civil projects and bridges. Two types of standard polycarboxylate superplasticizer are offered by Sansheng Shares: PCA1 for low concentration type and PCA2 for high concentration type.
Major Technical Features
1. Properties and solid content: The product is in liquid form; the solid content of PCA1 is 10%±2%, and that of PCA2 is 10%±3%. Preparations can be made according to user’s requirement.
2. It has stable chemical properties, no precipitation of water, and no crystallization in winter.
3. Fluidity of cement paste≥230mm (when dosage of liquid polycarboxylate superplasticizer converted into solid is 0.2%).
4. Low dosage: the regular dosage of PCA1 is 1.5% to 2.0% of weight of cement material, and that of PCA2 is 0.8% to 1.2%.
5. High performance of reducing water. When the dosage of PCA1 is 2.0% (1.0% for PCA2), the water reducing rate can reach 30%; it can also be used for preparing high grade concrete, fluid concrete with slump loss larger than 200mmm, saving 15% to 20% of cement.
6. Good cement dispersion and good cement adaptability.
7. The compressive resistance ratio of concrete at different stages is higher than that of GB8076-2008 “standard type of high performance water reducer”.
8. Small concrete shrinkage, which can reduce the cracking of concrete.
9. Low alkali content, which will not lead to the occurrence of alkali aggregate reaction.
10. It causes no corrosion to iron in concrete.
1. It can be used as the second-time additive for ready mixed concrete.
2. It can be used for preparing liquid concrete with slump loss more than 200mm, ready mixed concrete or pump concrete.
3. It can be used for the preparation of high performance concrete with strength≤C100.
4. It can be used for vibration-free self compacting concrete for special engineering.
5. It can be used for concrete engineering of skyscraper, road, bridge, tunnel, irrigation works, wharf, port etc.
Use and Cautions
1. The regular dosage of PCA1 is 1.5% to 2% of the weight of cement material and the regular dosage of PCA2 is 0.8% to 1.2%. The specific dosage is to be determined according to concrete strength grade, binding material and construction conditions.
2. The dosage accuracy error of admixture shall not be greater than 1.0%.
3. The product is packed in bucket, 50kg or 200kg per bucket, or transported by tank car. In transportation and storage, attention shall be paid to rainproofing, waterproofing and dampproofing.
4. The shelf life of the product is 3 months; expired products should be tested before use.
5. The product cannot be mixed with naphthalene series water reducer, aliphatic water reducer and amino water reducer.
6. The product should be subjected to concrete performance test before use.