The main ingredient of Naphthalene-based Superplasticizer is naphthalene sulfonic acid formaldehyde condensate. Adding a small amount of the product to concrete can help increase concrete slump, reduce water consumption, reduce water cement ratio, improve compressive resistance, flexural strength and tensile resistance, and save cement consumption. This product has been extensively used in concrete projects such as road, bridge, tunnel, industrial and civil engineering, water conservancy, and concrete products.
Major Technical Features
1. Properties: The product has two forms:Powder: brown powder, fineness (0.315mm sieve) < 15%.Liquid: brown liquid. The regular solid content is 40% and can also be prepared according to user’s requirements.
2. The content of sodium sulfate in powder is ≤20%. The fluidity of cement paste is ≥200mm (When dosage of liquid Naphthalene-based superplasticizer converted into solid is 0.75%).
3. Stable chemical properties. The power is soluble in water. The liquid form has no precipitation, but under low temperature (below 15℃) in winter, the sodium sulfate will lead to crystallization, so insulation measures should be taken. After long resting (more than one week), it should be stirred before use.
4. Low dosage. The regulardosage (weight ratio of cement material): powder: 0.5% to 1.5%; liquid: 1.5% to 2.5%.
5. High performance of reducing water. When the amount of solidation is 0.75%, the water-reducing ratio can be as high as 18%. It can be used to prepare high strength concrete, high fluidity of concrete with slump loss of more than 200mm, and it can save 10% to 15% of cement.
6. The compressive resistancce ratio of concrete at different stages is higher than that of GB8076-2008 “standard type of high performance water reducing agent”.
7. It causes no corrosion to iron in concrete.
1. As mother material, it can be used to composite other water reducer, such as high efficiency set-retarding water reducer, pumping agent, etc.
2. It can be used in such concrete engineering such as house, road, bridge, tunnel, water irrigation, wharf, port, airport pavement, steam curing or hot and humid maintenance.
Use and Cautions
1.The regularpowder dosage is 0.5% to 1.5% of the weight of binding materials. The regularwater content is 1.5%~2.5% of the weight of binding materials. The specific content is to be established according to the grade of concrete strength. When used as mother material for compounding preparation, its specific dosage should be determined by the test according to actual situation.
2. The dosage accuracy error of admixture shall not be greater than 1.0%.
3. Each package of power weighs 25kg±0.25kg, with inside being plastic packing and outside by woven bag. Liquid form is packed in bucket, 50kg or 200kg per bucket, or transported by tank car. In transportation and storage, attention shall be paid to rainproofing, waterproofing and dampproofing.
4. In dry state, the powder has a shelf life of 12 months, and the shelf life of liquid form is 3 months. The expired products should not be used before concrete performance test.
5. When this product is added to concrete, the mixing time should be 30 to 60 seconds longer than regularmixing time.
6. The product cannot be mixed with polycarboxylate superplasticizer.
7. Concrete adaptability test should be carried out first before the product is applied.